Planning for Retirement
PEOPLE WHO TOOK ADVICE SEE 53% INCREASE IN RETIREMENT INCOME*
The value of investments and pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
A financial adviser can help you with all aspects of retirement planning – whether you’re starting to save for a pension or approaching the stage in life when you need to use it.
Understanding what we can offer
We can work alongside you as you move toward your retirement goals. They will:
- assess your attitude to risk and security of income
- recommend specific solutions and product providers
- help you implement their recommendations
- look at changes to pension and tax rules
- monitor whether your investments are performing better or worse than expected
- suggest changes along the way based on your situation to ensure your financial planning remains on track
- navigate the complexities of accessing your money in the most tax-efficient way, and making sure your income lasts as long as you do!
But how much will it cost?
Some people are put off seeking financial advice because of the perceived cost. However, good financial advice should cost less over the long term than no advice at all. Our initial Free Consultation will provide an overall picture of your financial situation and estimate of needs. A stitch in time should save more than just nine!
An Old Mutual Wealth survey* found that taking advice and having an income target in mind can result in a 53% increase in retirement income versus those who sought no financial advice.
Initial consultations are often free, but do check. This meeting should enable you to judge whether paying for financial advice will deliver good value.
Following the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in 2012, financial advisers are prohibited from charging commission on products that could be broadly described as investments. This includes pensions.
Advisers may take payment in a number of different ways. Always agree fees before engaging an adviser.
For more detail on the way charges work, have a look at this article from the Money Advice Service
Future-proofing your finances
The perfect wardrobe is one where items complement each other. In financial terms, this means looking at all aspects of your finances and how they work together.
That could include:
- arranging life insurance or critical illness cover to protect your mortgage repayments
- putting in place savings plans and Junior ISAs for children at the same time as you set up your own long-term investments
- starting a pension that suits your retirement plans
- making a will, setting up a trust if necessary and looking at how to protect your estate from Inheritance Tax
- making more tax-efficient investments by switching them into your spouse’s name, or by setting up a pension for your children.
*Old Mutual Wealth, Redefining Retirement 2015.
Ablestoke Financial Planning LLP is an appointed representative of Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Ltd and Intrinsic Financial Planning Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Company Registration Number is: OC367708 and Place of Registration is: England. the Company Registered Address is: Admirals Offices Main Gate Road, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TZ.
The term partner is used to refer to a member of Ablestoke Financial Planning LLP